Gentle Reminder
Friday afternoon it started snowing. I got to help at Chase's Valentine's Day party, which was a lot of fun. It got over at 2:30. He asked me if I was going to bring him home. I told him to stay, because I needed to do some more work. Looking back, I should have taken him home with me! When I went back out at 4:30 the roads were terrible. I went to turn and kept going straight. I was an inch away from knocking over the stop sign. I then couldn't get up the hill, so I had go in reverse a few blocks and try another street. I finally made it to get Anthony and then Chase.
Instead of going home, which any sane and rational person would have done, I decided we would get the boys haircut and buy paint for the kitchen. A trip that takes 5-7 minutes took us 35 minutes. The good news was we got right in for their haircuts. We were in and out in 15 minutes. We then drove across the parking lot to Home Depot. I would rather buy my paint at Menards, but getting there would have taken too long. So we are walking into Home Depot, and I hear this guy shouting, "Ma am, ma am." I turn around and he says, "I am about to hit your van, I can't get my truck to move." So I go running back to the van. He is six inches away from hitting the driver's side door. He was in a pick up with rear wheel drive. I have to get in from the passenger side and crawl over. I was able to move the van over to the next row.
After leaving Home Depot, we are making our way to the stop light. I look up ahead and see a cop car and an accident. I said, "Shoot, we are going to be stuck here for awhile." Chase says to me, "Mom, we really should say a prayer for those people that were in the accident." My heart melted and my impatience disappeared. What a beautiful heart my boy has.
Instead of going home, which any sane and rational person would have done, I decided we would get the boys haircut and buy paint for the kitchen. A trip that takes 5-7 minutes took us 35 minutes. The good news was we got right in for their haircuts. We were in and out in 15 minutes. We then drove across the parking lot to Home Depot. I would rather buy my paint at Menards, but getting there would have taken too long. So we are walking into Home Depot, and I hear this guy shouting, "Ma am, ma am." I turn around and he says, "I am about to hit your van, I can't get my truck to move." So I go running back to the van. He is six inches away from hitting the driver's side door. He was in a pick up with rear wheel drive. I have to get in from the passenger side and crawl over. I was able to move the van over to the next row.
After leaving Home Depot, we are making our way to the stop light. I look up ahead and see a cop car and an accident. I said, "Shoot, we are going to be stuck here for awhile." Chase says to me, "Mom, we really should say a prayer for those people that were in the accident." My heart melted and my impatience disappeared. What a beautiful heart my boy has.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home