Back to Work
I ended up returning to work four days early. However, in exchange for coming back early for training, I get to have two part-time weeks. I am working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and start back full-time on the 26th. Needless to say, it still has been very difficult to make the transition.
On Monday, my first day back I made the mistake of calling Julie to check in. She said that Tony had been crying for an hour and had not taken his bottle yet. I had been at work for 5 hours already. I hung up and started crying. I felt so terrible. He was obviously mad that he was not getting his milk from me. Tuesday he only drank 2 oz. and then Wednesday he drank 6 oz. At least we were making progress.
Then Chase was having a hard time re-adjusting. He started crying and running after me when I was leaving Julie's. Wednesday he sat himself down on the floor of the truck, and refused to get out. He told me we needed to go home. I shouldn't go to work. I would have liked that too! I told him he has two choices. He can get up and walk to the house or I can carrying him. He didn't get up, so I had to drag him out and carrying him. It was not the way I wanted to start my morning. It was hard enough leaving Tony, but to have Chase acting out made it ten times worse. I told Julie I would not be calling to check in the rest of the week. Thankfully I was off Thursday and Friday.
On Monday, my first day back I made the mistake of calling Julie to check in. She said that Tony had been crying for an hour and had not taken his bottle yet. I had been at work for 5 hours already. I hung up and started crying. I felt so terrible. He was obviously mad that he was not getting his milk from me. Tuesday he only drank 2 oz. and then Wednesday he drank 6 oz. At least we were making progress.
Then Chase was having a hard time re-adjusting. He started crying and running after me when I was leaving Julie's. Wednesday he sat himself down on the floor of the truck, and refused to get out. He told me we needed to go home. I shouldn't go to work. I would have liked that too! I told him he has two choices. He can get up and walk to the house or I can carrying him. He didn't get up, so I had to drag him out and carrying him. It was not the way I wanted to start my morning. It was hard enough leaving Tony, but to have Chase acting out made it ten times worse. I told Julie I would not be calling to check in the rest of the week. Thankfully I was off Thursday and Friday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home