Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had decided to push back when we were going to eat. Normally we eat around 1pm. This year I aimed for 4pm. My mom was driving down from Milwaukee, and it is always such a rush. She walks in and then we are sitting down to eat. Well, from here on out we are eating later. It was so nice to wake up and not rush to get the turkey in the oven. I was even able to watch some football! I put the first turkey in the oven at 11am. I put the other one on the grill at 12:30pm. The first one got done around 2, and I carved that up and put it in my slow cooker. I was then able to use the oven to keep the stuffing warm, cook the asparagus and bake the rolls.

Dinner was ready and people were filling their plates at 4 pm. I put the card table up on encyclopedia's, so it would be the same height as the kitchen table. We managed to fit 11 at the main table, 2 at the bar and Anthony in his little chair. Everything tasted good, and we had plenty for all.

After dinner and dessert we decided to play charades. It was a lot of fun, but the three of us who thought of all the movies, books and television shows, then had an edge in the guessing. I discovered how poor I am at playing charades. Getting people to guess "The Bible" was not easy. Everyone headed out around 7pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home