Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Surgery in My Future

Last August I started having problems with my gallbladder. I had several acute attacks of severe pain and throwing up. I went to the doctor and she said she thought it was my gallbladder. Well, I was fine until April. Then while in Florida I had another attack. Then I was fine until June. Then in June I had one that was by far the worst. Even after I threw up the pain did not go away. I finally left work early.

I decided I should investigate further, and made an appointment with the doctor again. They drew blood to check my liver and pancreas enzymes and then scheduled an ultrasound. My blood test came back normal. I had the ultrasound on the 7th, and it did indeed show I have gallbladder stones.

I met with the surgeon on the 14th and he said my best option was to have it taken out. There is a procedure where they can go in and try to remove the stones, but normally they come right back. So I am scheduled for laparoscopic surgery on the 24th of August. They make a small incision near my belly button and then three near my rib cage. He said recovery should be less painful then having a c-section. I was happy to hear that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marnie said...

Let me know if you need help with the boys on the 24th or the days afterward.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Weird! My friend Tabby just had hers out last Friday and my cousin Chantell is having hers out soon! I hope all goes well.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Marnie said...

Jen Hansen and her sister Steph had theirs out too!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

My friend Amy thinks its a conspiracy and there's a black market for gallbladders! Since all the sudden everyone is having theirs removed.

Chelsea at work had hers out too! And my grandpa (but the was in the 70's)(the gallstones are in a jar in his desk though!)

10:24 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Hansen said...

Yep, no women in my family have theirs! My problems started after I had Parker.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home