The Bonefish Grill
I am going to start back to a week before my birthday. I had the opportunity to experience The Bonefish Grill with my friend Marnie. We had a great night out. We wanted to go somewhere that our husbands would most likely not take us. She had her neighbor girl come over and babysit Ryan and my boys. We then headed out and enjoyed an amazing dinner.
We sat in the bar and had a Pomegranate Martini, which is their house special. It tasted way too good. A few of those would be dangerous. It was garnished with three frozen grapes. It was really delightful. We then were seated in the dining area and went with their special for an appetizer. It was crab, scallops and shrimp in a garlic sauce with mushrooms and peppers. It was tasty. Then you could take the bread and dip it in the sauce. Marnie ordered Grouper with Au gratin potatoes and I ordered the special which was Wolf fish and scallops with garlic mashed potatoes. We had never heard of Wolf fish. It is caught off the coast of Greenland. They mainly feed off of shell fish.
Let me say, it was the best fish I have ever had. It was so mild and sweet tasting. Plus it is cooked on a wood burning grill, so it has that added flavor as well. It just melted in my mouth. The scallops had a wonderful flavor as well. Marnie and I shared our fish, and the Grouper was also very good tasting. Marnie and I haven't had a chance to go out without the kids since, we have had kids! It was so nice to just talk and catch up.
The boys also had a good night and played well with each other. They all liked Melissa the babysitter and wanted her to sit again.
We sat in the bar and had a Pomegranate Martini, which is their house special. It tasted way too good. A few of those would be dangerous. It was garnished with three frozen grapes. It was really delightful. We then were seated in the dining area and went with their special for an appetizer. It was crab, scallops and shrimp in a garlic sauce with mushrooms and peppers. It was tasty. Then you could take the bread and dip it in the sauce. Marnie ordered Grouper with Au gratin potatoes and I ordered the special which was Wolf fish and scallops with garlic mashed potatoes. We had never heard of Wolf fish. It is caught off the coast of Greenland. They mainly feed off of shell fish.
Let me say, it was the best fish I have ever had. It was so mild and sweet tasting. Plus it is cooked on a wood burning grill, so it has that added flavor as well. It just melted in my mouth. The scallops had a wonderful flavor as well. Marnie and I shared our fish, and the Grouper was also very good tasting. Marnie and I haven't had a chance to go out without the kids since, we have had kids! It was so nice to just talk and catch up.
The boys also had a good night and played well with each other. They all liked Melissa the babysitter and wanted her to sit again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home