Sheer Madness
I have never gone out at the crack of dawn in order to save a few dollars on Christmas presents. This year I decided I would venture out, but it would mid-morning. Menard's was having some killer deals. They had 20 oz. jar candles for $1.88. That was the main reason for me wanting to go. So Chase and I ventured out around 9:30am. We got to Menards and I have never seen it so packed. People were parking on the perimeter of the lot. One of the employees told us to grab a cart outside, because there were none inside. I walked in, and the lines went on forever. I was ready to walk right back out. But I really wanted to see if they had any candles left. So we went looking. Of course they were all gone. However, I did get a memory foam pillow for 11 bucks and a new Christmas tree stand for $5. Chase and I went up the middle of the store and found the lines in the middle to only have two or three people waiting. So we only waited 5 minutes to check out.
Then we headed over to Home Depot. I was going to get our tree at Menard's, but I would have had to go back inside to pay, and I wasn't going to go through that. Plus Home Depot has better customer service. I told Chase he could pick out the tree. Well, that isn't totally true. I pointed Chase towards the type of tree I wanted, a Balsam Fir. At this point he could pick which ever one looked good to him. Chase chose well, and we ended up with a beautiful 7 1/2 ft. tree. Now that Eric has a pick up truck, getting the tree home was a breeze. I cut off 3 inches off the bottom and brought it upstairs.
The new stand worked splendidly and the tree was up and straight. Chase had the best time putting on ornaments. This is the first year he has been able to really help decorate, and he was really enjoying it. He made sure to hang the Packers and Chiefs ornaments right next to each other in the front!
Then we headed over to Home Depot. I was going to get our tree at Menard's, but I would have had to go back inside to pay, and I wasn't going to go through that. Plus Home Depot has better customer service. I told Chase he could pick out the tree. Well, that isn't totally true. I pointed Chase towards the type of tree I wanted, a Balsam Fir. At this point he could pick which ever one looked good to him. Chase chose well, and we ended up with a beautiful 7 1/2 ft. tree. Now that Eric has a pick up truck, getting the tree home was a breeze. I cut off 3 inches off the bottom and brought it upstairs.
The new stand worked splendidly and the tree was up and straight. Chase had the best time putting on ornaments. This is the first year he has been able to really help decorate, and he was really enjoying it. He made sure to hang the Packers and Chiefs ornaments right next to each other in the front!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home