Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Timber

I was in the kitchen making some soup and Mom was holding Anthony. I looked over at the tree and thought that it was leaning a bit. I went back to stirring, and I hear Mom gasp and I hear a thump. I look in the living room and the Christmas tree had fallen over. I was in disbelief. My mom watched the whole thing happen, but there was nothing she could do, she had Tony in her arms. Water was pouring out of the stand and I am struggling to get it up-righted. We got the lights turned off and Mom was looking at the stand, trying to see what happened. My cheap $5 stand has four screws that go into the tree. Apparently the front one pushed into the soft trunk. So much for my new stand.

Our attempts to right the tree were futile. I went downstairs to cut some wood to pin in between the screws and the trunk, but that still didn't work. So then I asked Eric for strap. We now have a cargo strap wrapped around the entertainment center holding up the tree. The tree was fully decorated. Amazingly only one ornament broke. This is the second year in a row I have had issues getting the Christmas tree to stand up straight. Thus, I have decided I will be purchasing an artificial tree when they go on sale after Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home