Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Jolly Holiday Lights

After work I picked up Sarah and then went to get the boys. Chase was very excited to see Sarah. He wanted to get home right away, so they could play. We took a detour through McDonald's. They both ordered Power Ranger Happy Meals. It is hard to believe Power Rangers are making a comeback. I had a California Cobb salad. It was really tasty. Originally I thought we would go home eat, I would nurse Anthony and then we would go to see the lights. However, Tony fell asleep on the way home. So we ate, the kids played, and I did a few chores. Chase and Sarah were playing spy, and I was the one they were spying on. I would try to sneak up on them and surprise them. Well, I did such a good job, Chase screamed his head off with excitement and fright. It was so loud, it woke up Tony. So I said let's get our coats on and go. I was hoping Tony would fall back asleep in the car.

We went over to Water Works Park, where they have over 70 lighted displays you drive by. It is $9 a carload and the money goes to "Make a Wish" Foundation. It was a lot of fun looking at all the different displays. Chase didn't remember going last year, so it was all new to him. At the end was a Crystal Courtyard. Under a big tent there were a bunch of ice carvings. They had polar bears, horses, Santa's chair, a castle and an ice slide that the kids could go down. The first time Chase went down he went without his gloves. That was a mistake. He went to grab the side, and of course with it being ice it was cold and wet. They had garbage bags to put down, so your butt wouldn't get wet. It also made you go a lot faster. Chase and Sarah went down 5 times. Then Chase wanted me to go down with him. We flew down the ice. It was a lot of fun. I am glad we went on a week night, because it wasn't very crowded and we could take our time. Anthony slept until it was time to leave, so it was perfect timing.

The parking lot was a swampy mess. All the snow had melted in the last two days. Chase thought it would be fun to run and jump in the mud puddles. His boots were a mess. I pulled his boots off before he got in the truck. The truck was full of mud, dirt and salt. Chase suggested we go to the car wash. So we made a quick stop there. The truck stayed clean for a full 5 minutes. We were headed for home and it started raining! Then this morning there was slush all over the streets. So I am back to square one. Oh well, I did get to wash Chase's boots off at the car wash, so he could wear them today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home